La Ventana info and discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for today,,,

+3
blackwolf
karen
Mesquite
7 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

for today,,,    Empty Re: for today,,,

Post by dean Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:05 am

we had rain last night the arroyo north of LV campground did run. not hard. about 1-2 inches of rain in just an hour or two.

I will post issues like this in the hurricane section so basically weather-related.

https://www.laventanarocks.com/t1243-hurricanes-2023#6204

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    Empty 2023 storms post location

Post by dean Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:19 pm

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:13 am

here is where i am posting info on 2022 storms
https://www.laventanarocks.com/t1223-hurricanes-2022#6043

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:47 am

wow the streets are getting a haircut. They are doing the best job I have ever seen them cutting the weed growth trees, scrubs on the side of the road.

and I can say construction is way down from the last two years. we do not have 2 of the large semi-gravel trucks 6 days a week. We do not even have one everyday right now.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    Empty prevent ripened whole avocados from going bad

Post by dean Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:55 am

way to prevent ripened whole avocados from going bad after ripening them to perfect levels.

recently before the hurricane threat I purchased a bunch of very green avocados, i had misplaced a bag in my car and had bought more to replace it, i bought more 2 bags. So I ended up with some that were already in the fridge because they were ripe, a discovered bag in my car, and two bags that were very green. So about 30 avocados in total. I eat about 1/2 to one a day. I had been experimenting with how to stop them from going brown when they were whole for a long time. Trying anything I could from the internet that sounded reasonable.

I ripened them and put them in the fridge and they would go bad, I tried putting them in a sealed clear container and they seemed to last longer but not long enough and I did not want half of these to go bad. So i decided in a new strategy, i had noticed when they were in my plastic container there would be condensation inside the container. IE they were losing moisture. So what I did is ripened all of them outside the fridge the same way I always did and wrapped each one in plastic wrap knowing they would not be able to "sweat" out moisture as easily or at a very low rate and kept them in the fridge.

Well I am happy to announce that in two weeks so far every single one of them i have opened is just perfect so far. Normally about half would have been bad after a week in the fridge, even in the airtight container diving me a few days more. And by 9 or so days all would be bad.

So is this a fluke or is this avocado salvation. Can some others try this and see if it is the real deal.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:38 am

so unofficial as I do not have my water buckets out, maybe about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch of rain yesterday. today is off and on very light drizzle.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:30 am

slight rain maybe 1/8th of an inch sofar 7:30am

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:25 am

https://coronavirus.bcs.gob.mx/refuerzan-al-hospital-general-de-cabo-san-lucas-con-un-lote-de-ventiladores-camas-y-otros-insumos/THEY REINFORCE THE GENERAL HOSPITAL OF CABO SAN LUCAS WITH A BATCH OF VENTILATORS, BEDS AND OTHER SUPPLIES
[/b]
auto translate. so may not be perfect.
July 1, 2021Categoría de la entrada:NewslettersComentarios de la entrada:No comment
In addition, a group of 20 medical professionals and nine nursing professionals who moved to the state from the center of the country was incorporated.
In Baja California Sur we joined institutional efforts to face the pandemic due to Covid-19, this is reflected in the batch of 30 volumetric ventilators, 30 vital signs monitors, 30 beds, a portable X-ray equipment and other supplies that this Wednesday the federation delivered to the General Hospital of Cabo San Lucas of the Ministry of Health of the entity.

In this way, the hospital institution, which was converted by the State Government as a Covid unit, expanded its response capacity to 100 beds that are complemented with instruments necessary to provide therapeutic interventions to people who present complications associated with this viral disease, reported the secretary of the branch, Victor George Flores.

In addition to this equipment, the operation of this state hospital was strengthened with the solidarity incorporation of a group of 20 medical professionals, nine nurses, a radiologist technician and two health promotion colleagues who from the center of the country moved last weekend to Cabo San Lucas to reinforce the provision of services to the population without the right to have serious symptoms due to this respiratory condition. Said.

This hospital unit was also joined by a group of doctors, as well as nurses that the Secretariat of the Navy (SEMAR) mobilized to the entity. These actions are an example of the work coordinated by the State and the Federation to deal with this health contingency, with the premise of protecting the life and health of the people of Sudcalifornia, he said. This sum of wills must be supported by the citizenry to achieve better results said George Flores when reiterating the call to the population to continue using the cover in spaces of common use, preserve frequent hand washing, respect the healthy distance and avoid crowds by socialization, to reduce with this the spread of the virus , reduce the increase in infections, reduce hospital occupancy and prevent deaths to be regretted.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:25 pm

I went for a walk on the sidewalk this evening, and the gov paid people to sweep them a few days ago. Already there was a broken beer bottle that they aim for the sidewalk. I am making a guess that these are not done by locals, but are done by the out of town construction workers who are just blowing off some steam after a very hard days work.
Here is what I think can be done, if anyone is building a home right now, or you know someone who is please pass this on for me please. Anyone doing construction please ask your builder to discuss this with their workers who are being transported to LaPaz to work here.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:28 pm

here is where I will post hurricane 2021 perspective and pictures

https://www.laventanarocks.com/t1201-hurricanes-2021#5882

here are the weather maps I use similar to eebmike.

https://www.laventanarocks.com/t524-weather-maps

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:49 pm

American Airlines has announced seasonal service to both Phoenix PHX and Dallas Ft. Worth DFW starting in 2021 to LaPaz airport.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:13 am

Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Mexico City, Mexico (October 22, 2020)
Event: Mexico COVID-19 Update (October 22, 2020)
The number of confirmed and suspected COVID-19 cases reached its peak nationwide by mid-July and began a decrease that continued for nine weeks. This decline stopped by the second week of September and has plateaued or increased slightly ever since. In many states, there has been a considerable increase in the number of cases as well as of hospitalizations. Mexico City, Nuevo Leon, Mexico State, Guanajuato, and Jalisco report the highest number of active cases for the preceding two-week period as of October 20. The states reporting the highest rates of hospital occupancy are Chihuahua, Nuevo Leon, Durango, Nayarit, and Mexico City as of October 17. Mexican health authorities have reiterated calls for people to stay home as much as possible and leave home only for work and essential activities according to the color assigned to each state under the national stoplight system, always following social distance measures, frequent hand hygiene, and mask-wearing. Schools remained closed in nearly all states.
The national stoplight system introduced on June 1 allows for a gradual phase-in of additional economic activities in states and municipalities. The four metrics to determine the four colors that indicate risk level from maximum to minimum (Red, Orange, Yellow, and Green) are the trend in numbers of new cases, hospital occupancy trends, current hospital occupancy rates, and the percentage of positive cases.
Seventeen states are designated “orange” under the federal system between October 12 and 25 (Aguascalientes, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Colima, Durango, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Jalisco, Mexico City, México State, Nayarit, Nuevo León, Oaxaca, Querétaro, Sinaloa, Yucatán, and Zacatecas). Under orange, hotels, restaurants, barbershops, open-air parks, and gyms are limited to 50 percent capacity. Markets and supermarkets will operate at 75 percent capacity. Additionally, shopping malls, churches, cinemas, theaters, museums, and cultural events will be limited to 25-percent capacity.
Fourteen states are designated “yellow” under the federal stoplight system between October 12 and 25 (Baja California, Baja California Sur, Chiapas, Guanajuato, Michoacán, Morelos, Puebla, Quintana Roo, Sonora, San Luis Potosi, Tamaulipas, Tlaxcala, Tabasco, and Veracruz). Under yellow, all work activities are permitted. Public space may open on a regular basis, while enclosed public spaces can open with reduced capacity. All activities should be carried out with basic prevention measures. People at higher risk of developing COVID-19 symptoms should continue to take extra precautions.
One state is designated “green” under the federal stoplight system between October 12 and 25 (Campeche). Under green, all economic and social activities, including school, are permitted while taking appropriate precautions.
Some states and municipalities have implemented additional restrictions on public gatherings, transportation, business operations, and government operations if health conditions warrant and have developed separate stoplight systems from those at the federal level. Several states and municipalities have imposed curfews and movement restrictions on non-essential activities and have required citizens to wear masks when outside their homes. In some areas, officials may issue fines and arrest and detain individuals found to violate stay at home orders.
Please see additional information on these restrictions and links to state COVID-19 websites in the “Local Resources” section on our website. This information is not comprehensive and is subject to change without notice. Please confirm directly with the local government and other trusted sources for more information on closures and restrictions in different Mexican states and municipalities.
International commercial flight options currently exist in Mexico at a reduced capacity. The number of available flight options is increasing gradually. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial arrangements.
The United States and Mexico entered a joint initiative March 21 restricting non-essential travel along the U.S.-Mexico land border to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Non-essential travel includes tourism and recreational travel. These restrictions apply to travel in both directions across the border. On October 19, the U.S. and Mexican governments extended the land border travel restrictions until November 21. Mexican border and local authorities are conducting enforcement actions to discourage non-essential travel in some areas. Please see the DHS website or embassy fact sheet for more information.
Passengers and aircrew members arriving at and departing from Mexican airports may be subject to health screenings, including temperature checks. Those exhibiting symptoms may be subject to additional health screenings and/or asked to quarantine voluntarily. Travelers entering Mexico by land from the United States may be denied admission if the purpose of their visit is considered non-essential. We recommend that travelers carry evidence of the essential nature of their visit and evidence of their resident status in Mexico, if applicable. Travelers entering Mexico via land may be subject to temperature checks and additional health screening Travelers may experience significant delays and face the possibility of being returned to the United States or asked to quarantine in Mexico. At some U.S. ports of entry, operating hours have changed; please review CBP’s Port of Entry wait times web page for additional information.
The availability of hotel rooms and other commercial lodging, limitations on the number of guests within a hotel, and requirements for guests to be engaged in essential business or transit will vary depending on the state’s stoplight color designation and local restrictions. Individuals showing respiratory symptoms will be referred to health authorities. As a reminder, the U.S. government does not pay for lodging or other expenses incurred due to travel disruptions abroad.
The Department of State issued a Level 3 Health Advisory for Mexico on September 8, advising U.S. citizens to reconsider travel to Mexico due to COVID-19, and to exercise increased caution in Mexico due to crime and kidnapping. Some areas have increased risk – read the entire Travel Advisory. The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in many areas of Mexico, as travel by U.S. government employees to certain areas is prohibited or significantly restricted. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for Mexico due to COVID-19 on August 6.
Actions to Take:
• Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. To modify your enrollment and subscription to alerts, you must log in to STEP.
• Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information, including recommendations for travelers.
• Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
• Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mexico.
• Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States. Check Port of Entry wait times at the U.S. border and visit Customs and Border Protection’s latest updates.
• Learn about the latest status of consular operations at the Embassy, Consulates, and Consular Agencies.
• Call the Mexican Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 information hotline at 800 0044 800 for local information while in Mexico. English-speaking operators are often, but not always, available. Visit the local government COVID-19 website for updated information.
• Refer to the Ministry of Health’s COVID-19MX app that provides Spanish-language information about COVID-19 and local health care resources. It includes contact information for health care providers, an interactive diagnostic tool that analyzes reported symptoms and advises whether or not to seek medical care, the location of the nearest health care facility, the latest news related to COVID-19, and advice about how to prevent the spread of the disease. The app is available via the Mexican iOS and Android stores.
• If you or someone you know is facing or has been a victim of domestic or sexual violence while in Mexico, please call 911 for assistance or reach out to a local organization that provides assistance to victims of domestic and sexual violence. U.S. citizens can contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate nearest you or the Office of Overseas Citizens Services at 1-888-407-4747 for help. We have staff on duty around the clock to assist U.S. citizens with emergencies. Additional resources for victims of crime are available on travel.state.gov.
Assistance:
• For Emergency Assistance for U.S citizens in Mexico, call (55) 8526 2561 from Mexico or 1-844-528-6611 from the United States.
• The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is located at: Paseo de la Reforma 305, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, 06500, Ciudad de México, Phone: +52-55-5080-2000, Fax: +52-55-5080-2005, E-Mail: ACSMexicoCity@state.gov
• State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
• Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
• Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mexico on Facebook and Twitter.
• Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Mexico.
Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:44 pm

Change in Services Notice – U.S. Embassy Mexico City, Mexico (October 20, 2020)
Event: Change in Availability of American Citizen Services (October 20, 2020)
Effective October 20, the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City and Consulates General Guadalajara, Hermosillo, Matamoros, Merida, Monterrey, Nogales, Nuevo Laredo, and Tijuana will resume limited appointments for some routine passport, citizenship, and notarial services. Passport, citizenship, and notary appointment availability will be strictly limited due to physical distancing requirements in our offices and public waiting rooms. Each applicant requires their own appointment. All visitors to the embassy and consulates age two and older must wear a mask.
At this time, Consulate General Ciudad Juarez and Consular Agencies Acapulco, Los Cabos, Cancun, Mazatlan, Oaxaca, Playa del Carmen, Piedras Negras, Puerto Vallarta, and San Miguel de Allende, are only able to provide emergency services. Please contact these locations by email or call +52 55-8526-2561 for more information on the availability of emergency passport or notarial services at these consulates and consular agencies.
Appointments for passport and citizenship applications that require a personal interview (applicants under age 16, first-time adult passports, replacement for a lost or stolen passport, and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad) and for notarial services are available on our website. Due to the limited number of appointments available, there may be no openings visible on the website. If no appointments are available when you first check the online calendar, please keep checking the calendar for newly released appointments and daily cancelations. All appointments and openings are subject to change and cancellation based on local health conditions.
If you cannot find an open appointment and have urgent travel plans (within the next month) or another emergency need for a passport, please contact the location nearest you by email or call +52 55-8526-2561 to request an emergency appointment.
Actions to Take:
• Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency. To modify your enrollment and subscription to alerts, you must log in to STEP.
• Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Mexico.
• Learn about the latest status of consular operations at the Embassy, Consulates, and Consular Agencies.
Assistance:
• For Emergency Assistance for U.S. citizens in Mexico, call (55) 8526 2561 from Mexico or 1-844-528-6611 from the United States.
• The U.S. Embassy in Mexico City is located at: Paseo de la Reforma 305, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, 06500, Ciudad de México, Phone: +52-55-5080-2000, Fax: +52-55-5080-2005, E-Mail: ACSMexicoCity@state.gov
• State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
• Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
• Follow the U.S. Embassy in Mexico on Facebook and Twitter.
• Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Mexico.
• Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:09 pm

we had a cloud that gave us some rain, measured about 1/8 of an inch. Up in the mountains much more.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:25 pm

here was last sunday, probably the most people I have seen from LaPaz in the area in September. In the past there could be about 10-20 groups in the campground and some groups in the 20 person range during the summer. But rarely this late in the season, but beaches were closed so people making up for it.

for today,,,    Sam_0914

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:41 pm

about 0.04 inches of rain today, a cloud came over so maybe other areas of town had more and maybe some had none. Out biggest rainfall this summer.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:58 am

another small one heading our way just a few sprinkles so far will post on the below link

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:10 pm

i will be posting 2020 hurricane stuff here

https://www.laventanarocks.com/t1180-hurricanes-2020#5713

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:58 am

slight rain overnight. not enough to measure. been cloudy past couple days and this morning.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat May 02, 2020 9:44 am

this form should beaccessed by laventana.rocks or shortly LaVentanaRocks.com

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:00 pm

Here is my information I have found on coronavirus

https://www.laventanarocks.com/t1157-coronavirus-and-viruses

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:01 am

well we had another rain a few weeks ago that gave us 3- or more inches.

https://www.vallartadaily.com/jalisco-reports-the-most-cases-of-zika-in-mexico/

December 5, 2019•Vallarta Daily News•Health & Fitness, Jalisco, Spotlight
JALISCO REPORTS THE MOST CASES OF ZIKA IN MEXICO

A total of 124 cases of the Zika virus have been confirmed in Mexico, 13 of these cases are in pregnant women, said the Directorate General of Epidemiology of the Ministry of Health.

The states that top the list with the most confirmed case numbers are Jalisco with 41 cases, followed by Morelos and Sinaloa with 28 and 25 cases respectively. The trend has changed because during the past seasons the states of Veracruz and Yucatan topped the list with the most cases.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:07 am

I have seen Gates's 747ish jet parked at LaPaz airport before, ( I asked the employes whos plane it was parked off to the side) was wondering why it was there. I think this answers that question. It is unmarked other than the numbers on it but looks brand spanking new.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-la-paz-is-mexicos-attractive-celebrity-destination-1249596?fbclid=IwAR1Qp4WYSrOjcLvqYSBOxUsTJ15m7r9syq0oqVXUcQCOCpBtXuDhv9337Oc

Where Steven Spielberg and Bill Gates Travel to Relax With Their Superyachts
8:00 AM PDT 10/25/2019 by Alexandria Abramian

La Paz is evolving into Mexico’s under-the-radar hideaway for the world’s seafaring billionaires.
Cabo may have the glitz and glamour, but La Paz is evolving into Mexico’s under-the-radar hideaway for the world’s seafaring billionaires. Located 110 miles from Los Cabos International Airport, the beach city does not boast a single five-star hotel, luxury fashion boutique or celebrity chef restaurant. Instead, it’s La Paz’s access to the Sea of Cortez, the UNESCO-protected waters referred to as "the aquarium of the world" by Jacques Cousteau, that is luring some of the world’s largest superyachts.

Their destination? Puerta Cortes, a gated, 500+ acre resort five miles from downtown La Paz where ocean-view rooms start at $130 (compared to Cabo, where rooms at luxury hotels average more than $1,000 per night during the same period). Despite the lack of 800-thread count bedding and a Pilates studio, Puerta Cortes boasts something no Cabo property can: 70 marina slips that can accommodate yachts up to 280 feet.

That may not be big enough for Steven Spielberg’s 282-foot Seven Seas, which routinely anchors just past the dock on the bay, as did David Geffen’s yacht on New Year’s Eve. Larry Ellison, Bill and Melinda Gates and billionaire Dennis Washington all dock or anchor at the resort. The draw? Once-in-a-lifetime access to marine life, beyond-blue waters and a scene-free assortment restaurants, shops and activities.

"This is the kind of place where Bill and Melinda Gates can walk down the Malecon [the three-mile beachfront walkway in downtown La Paz] without anyone bothering them," says Jeffrey Curtiss, an English ex-pat who moved to the area full time in 2005. "Unlike the eternal spring break feeling at Cabo, the wealthy don’t feel threatened here and can be close to wildlife."  

They don’t just want to see marine life, they also want to protect it. Last year, Leonardo DiCaprio produced Sea of Shadows about the Sea of Cortez' most endangered marine mammal, a small porpoise known as the vaquita marina. Christy Walton, widow of John T. Walton (son of Walmart and Sam’s Club founder Sam Walton), owns a home in La Paz and dedicates herself to both land and maritime environmental initiatives.  

While the Spielbergs can be seen relaxing in Puerta Cortes’ zero-frills, ocean-view jacuzzi and the Gates play tennis on the property’s lone tennis court unnoticed, that kind of laid-back atmosphere may soon change: Two five-star hotels are slated to start construction within Puerta Cortes next year, along with branded residences that "will offer a rare investment opportunity as well as a lifestyle offering that will be unlike any other home in La Paz or Baja to date," says Antonio Davila, president of Puerta Cortes.

Earlier this year, Beverly Hills-based real estate brokerage The Agency opened offices in the city, as the area braces itself for a new breed of homebuyer. "This is the last point in La Paz where you can own a house or build a house at the entry of the Sea of Cortez," says Davila. "Forty percent of the world’s marine life lives here. That’s a lot of species to find."

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:00 pm

new tax on bcs tourism.   USD$18, and about 2.4 to 3.5 million visitors per year.  starts at cabo airport.

the below website opens the 9th of Nov.  

https://www.travelerfundbcs.gob.mx/

facebook wrote:A new tax of 350 pesos will be applied to each foreigner who arrives at the international airports of Baja California Sur from November 9th.

This announcement was made by Governor Carlos Mendoza Davis today to the local press, as Baja California Sur is the first state in all of Mexico to charge a similar tax related to tourism.

The funds obtained by this tax will be applied to infrastructure works throughout the state, mainly highways, streets, public safety, health and education.

Los Cabos Internacional airport will be the first to apply this tax. If you want to know more, visit the website:

https://www.travelerfundbcs.gob.mx/

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:39 pm

this season is mosquito year. optimum timed spacing of rains this summer have been ideal for mosquito breeding.

I suggest this I have not tested this one but used a similar that is not available anymore, this one is higher in strength. Does that mean better I do not know,

Elite Choice All Natural Mosquito Repellent - 4 oz Travel Insect Repellent Bug Spray Repels Ticks Biting Insects & All Types of Mosquitoes - Deet-Free and Safe for Kids Family & Pets

$7.95

Elite Choice All Natural Mosquito Repellent - 4 oz Travel Insect Repelle...
Elite Choice Mosquito and Insect Repellent Is Here to Give You the Safest and Most Effective Alternative to DEET...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FG2IOSG/ref=crt_ewc_title_huc_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2V1D8YBAY93HQ

It is not the one I usually buy, but the same ingredient s the one I use to buy.   just a higher concentration.    about 6 years ago i bought a bunch of different ones because Santiago is allergic to deet.   tested them and only the geranium oil ones worked.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:13 am

seemed to me to be 4-6 nches of rain by my buckets.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:58 pm

road reports...

one wise person said the following...
"You can call 911 and ask for tránsito. "

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:24 pm

about 1-2 inches of rain no arroyo flooding here in town and no errosion on my property so far.   power went out at 4am and came back on at 11:30am.

It was just brought to my attention about the power. Whenever you see a downed pole or line even if not ours it makes CFEs job easy to fix power outages. There is no magic way they know where the problem is, and right now while there are emergencies in other towns thay are not going to send 10 trucks to look. But if as in the case where I called because my neighbors line was taken down they know where to show up. And sending one truck is doable.

so if everyone can take a quick look in your hood.

Another interesting thing I noticed while at the main power transformer.

This morning I was wondering why I had city water pressure when the town power was off.       I was not paying close attention as was inspecting for faults, so will need to check.  But appeared to me they did something since I was last checking on their work that is very good.    They put in a line before the shutoff that they control from LaPaz that shoots of to the area where the water well is outside of town.    

the reason for doing this is when they are doing their rolling blackouts it would not shut off one of our towns water pumps.     When power is resumed they have to manually turn it on so this would also help in cases like this were somewhere in town there is a problem it would allow at least the one water pump to remain on.    

Again i did not verify that I had city water pressure when the power was off as that was not a concern, but there is a huge difference in pressure when I am just using gravity feed vs city pressure and i did notice in the back of my mind.   But i knew before when the electric went down so did the well pump till they restart it that usually took 3-12 hours, up to 24 hours ifa sunday or holiday.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Cuba announced this Wednesday that it will apply fines and even prison sentences to those who break basic rules to prevent the spread of contagious diseases, at a time when there is an increase in the number of dengue cases on the island.

https://oncubanews.com/en/cuba/cuba-announces-fines-and-prison-sentences-for-offenders-in-the-fight-against-dengue/

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:22 am

so far a dusting of rain, heavily overcast

note there is more road construction on the road to LaPaz, this one is in a narrow area that only two lanes can fit so they have a flagger there. Best is go early and come back late. In the past when this narrow work area is done they do it very quickly. It is only about 1 km. then there is another 1-2 km they have been working on for a week or two that they have diversions for off the side of the road. also noting this is the first curve area from LaPaz to LV going up the mountain, the part that was in the worst shape. So the three sections they are working on are really the last three (there may be one other section not so good still to be done) , these three that were potholed after pothole after filled in former potholed.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:43 pm

use google translate a good read on the cat 4 hurricane that hit lapaz 43 years ago. population was 55,000 and an estimated 5000 died.

https://www.diarioelindependiente.mx/2019/09/era-categoria-4-a-43-anos-de-que-el-ciclon-liza-azotara-a-la-paz

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:17 pm

note this is google translate

this is an increase of 2 cases over last month. and remember we were hit locally by more rains than LaPaz, so our mosquito population is high, so do bring down repellent.

https://www.diarioelindependiente.mx/2019/10/confirma-ssa-14-casos-de-dengue-en-bcs

for today,,,    Annota11

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    Empty History Museum Complex Reopens Friday, October 4 !

Post by Mesquite Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:34 am

The complex includes a history museum, a restaurant, a wine bar, a Victorian style tea salon, gift shop and large outdoor courtyard terrace. Saturday & Sunday (5th & 6th), we will offer a welcome sangria, happy hour from noon to 1 pm (2 for 1, bottled beer), live guitar music from 1 to 3 pm, flamenco dancing from 1 to 2 pm, and a piano concert from 3 to 5 pm.

See you there!

https://www.museorutadeplata.com/

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:22 pm

yesterday and tonight the temp has dropped significantly usually this occurs second or o week of October. It is cooler in the morning and at night,daytime cooler too.

another storm heading our way to hit Monday night and will post about it at the below link for 2019 hurricanes.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:50 am

we have rain, still dark so I do not know how much.  first link is history second is active maps...    On the first I will also post pictures.

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t1133-hurricanes-2019#5320

http://la-ventana.forumotion.com/t524-weather-maps#4994

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:13 pm

facebook wrote:News update on power outages.
The Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) will improve electricity generation capacity in Baja California Sur after the state was hit by a series of blackouts due to low capacity earlier this year.
CFE operations director Carlos Andrés Morales Mar announced the plan at an event with Governor Carlos Mendoza Davis.
Morales said that electricity distribution problems in Baja California Sur have been caused by poor maintenance of the state’s generation plants. By October, the CFE will restore 42 megawatts of generation capacity that are currently out of service.
Morales also said that a natural gas power plant being built in Pichilingue will be equipped with energy-saving technology including heat recuperators, and will have a capacity of 170 megawatts when it goes into operation.
By the summer of 2021, another four new generators will be operating, he said. “That will mean the production of 170 megawatts, which will relieve the pressure on the electricity system.”
In total, Morales said that Baja California Sur will have an additional 472 megawatts of generation capacity by the end of 2022.
Governor Mendoza said that Baja California Sur’s current generation capacity should be close to 750 megawatts, while peak consumption is around 550 megawatts. However, due to poor maintenance of generating facilities, capacity is sometimes actually closer to 550 megawatts, forcing the CFE to cut service at peak consumption times.
“In 2020, we will have an additional 280 megawatts, which will make it less likely for us to face this kind of circumstance,” said Mendoza.
The lights went out in Baja California Sur cities at least three times over the summer.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:45 pm

make sure you stock up on bug repellant before coming down. the rains have been spaced perfectly for a major outbreak. Especially if they continue...

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:51 pm

same rain today going on right now. should be at least 1-2 inches and is a larger cloud with thunder and lightning. slow moving.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:11 am

yesterday we received about 1-2 inches of rain in an hour. It was a single cloud that moved slowly so the arroyo did run into the sea for a bit. Caused rutting on my property. There may be places that received much more than this. 0

this was not a result of a hurricane nearby.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:34 am

weeds and Bo-bos coming out from the rains a while back.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:22 am

water temp issues of the sea,

to me the water is cooler than I ever remember for a summer. even right now at peak, when i get in some days it feels cool. That is why I believe the hurricanes have not come close to us this year, they all shot out to the way west.

also this is the only year I can remember that I have not seen one portuguese-man-of-war floating around, not one and not stung by one and i swim almost every other day. And this is the first year I have been swimming much of the time without a shirt for protection.

This season was the least number of fish boils I have ever seen, they are so rare that I have only seen a handful total all summer. I have only seen about 3 sting rays and that was a long time ago in the spring.

Air temperature seems about the same to me on my property, about 88-92 everyday, but I do note I believe the afternoon breeze is 30-50% stronger. Humidity was again high all summer. Very few days of low humidity.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mesquite Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:48 am

Concert in La Paz
JOIN US!

See the following link for more details including a map:
https://www.tenajaholdings.com/noche-pegajosa-2019

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:31 am

10 day old article saying they will have new natural gas generation plants up and running in lapaz and cabo to handle the peak demand.    This is google translate so it may not be natural gas  could be propane.

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/en-15-dias-ya-no-habra-apagones-en-bcs-se-construiran-2-nuevas-plantas-dice-cfe-a-gobernador/

In 15 days there will be no blackouts in BCS; 2 new plants will be built, says CFE to Governor

“The director committed: Regularize the supply by remedying maintenance lags within 2 weeks. Build 2 additional plants that will be added to the natural gas plant that is being developed by tender the Government of Baja California Sur in Pichilingue ”, the Head of the State Executive shared.

also get ready for road construction downtown LaPaz starting october.

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/reencarpetado-calles-principales-en-la-paz-tiene-un-95-de-avance-se-invirtieron-23-mdp/

Reencarpetado main streets in La Paz has a 95% progress; 23 million pesos were invested

The official said that, in October, it will begin with the paving of the streets surrounding the Historic Center, in La Paz

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:56 pm

early this summer it was the season of the ants. Well now it is by far the most lizard year I have ever seen. for me incredible, they are all over when you are out walking. Even seen a horned toad lizard on my property, one of my fav.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:33 am

huge storm lightning and thunder, , lots of wind rain.    5:30am

10am looks like we are done, had about half an inch of rain or more.

appears to be about 1 inch or more of rain fell. That what my buckets tell me.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 am

well we got a little rain from Ivo today, not directly from Ivo but peripheral,  maybe 1/8 to 1/4 in some places.   the mountains probably much more.    stopped about 30 minutes ago and it is 11am.   still threatening looking as i can not see the island or the mountains due to cloud cover/fog.    this rain came from the south with light wind.  

yesterday the mountains to the west had a thick patch of dark clouds covering the top, so probably a gentle rain for many hours. and had some 35 mph wind for an hour with some gusts to 45. not directly from Ivo, just a trailing wind from a storm from the mainland.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:55 pm

ivo giving us some peripheral winds/storm no rain (appears there is some up in the surrounding moutains) sabout 45mph gusts with sustained 35mph.

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:33 pm

it is so humid right  now 8am....    feels like being in florida

8pm and now it is not humid, very nice out

dean

Back to top Go down

Post by dean Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:07 pm

rain today gentle   started about noonish this morning was not humid at all. just stopped 1pm ish, but looks like more could come.

the sea of Cortez seems cold to me about 80-82 for this time of the year so could get lucky and no hurricanes come directly at us if they start up.

dean

Back to top Go down

for today,,,    Empty Friday, August 9 from 8 pm — Concert on the Malecón

Post by Mesquite Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:22 am

Join us for another fabulous concert and dance the night away on the Malecón in La Paz!
Noches Pegajosas | Sticky Nights
— La China Sonidera & Deep House DJ Alex Cruz —
FREE ENTRANCE

See the following link for more details including a map:
https://www.tenajaholdings.com/noche-pegajosa-2019

Free Community Concerts in La Paz

Last edited by Mesquite on Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed unwanted links)

Mesquite

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next